Our training project (Key Skills), started as a self rehabilitation scheme linking the need for housing with formal/informal training regimes and empty properties in Middlesbrough and Stockton. The projects roots lie in the purchase of a burnt out property intended for renovation to create more accommodation.
Community Campus is highly successful in terms of passing on skills to clients and procuring work to create a further income stream. The project has a valuable environmental impact by improving and bringing back into use empty property, whilst utilising as many recycled materials as possible. The project is about making best use of existing provision and available resources to create homes, training opportunities and investment in marginalised people across the Tees Valley.
The project offers:
- development projects with registered social landlords (e.g. Empty Homes Project)
- community based construction work
- volunteering opportunities – internal/external to the organisation
- employment opportunities within the organisation and with Tees Valley based Intermediate Labour Market schemes
- training placements via recognised training agencies
- work based taster sessions (day/week) for those interested in construction
- pupil work experience scheme(s) via local schools including those at risk of exclusion
- Corporate Social Responsibility partnership work.
If you are interested in a placement within our organisation or would like to find out more, please contact Carl Smith on email@example.com