Rent Bond Guarantee
We deliver a Rent Bond Guarantee Scheme which enables those who are homeless or have a housing need to gain access to stable accommodation in the private rented sector. The scheme provides information, advice and assistance to enable clients to achieve positive housing outcomes and contribute towards them achieving other wider personal goals.
In order to be eligible for this service clients should be:-
– a client of DAAT commissioned service who are homeless or have a housing need AND;
– be a former substance misuser
– have been directly affected by a family/household members substance misuse e.g. a former partner
– able to demonstrate stability in managing their treatment and themselves
– able to take responsibility and manage independently, or with minimal support, a tenancy in the private rented sector.
The scheme is not able to provide help with those who require a high level of support and/or emergency accommodation. We will not usually be able to help those with a history of violence, threatening behaviour or those who pose a risk or threat to others, including people convicted of arson, violence or sex offences.
Access to this project is by agency referral only.
To discuss a potential referral/enquiry, please contact us